- To be a saint, a Filipino has to go abroad and he has to be martyred. Such was the case for Lorenzo Ruiz and Pedro Calungsod.
- And in four hundred years of Christian culture, we've produced those two so far. Yes, there are others undergoing the process, but their number is small as well.
- Japan and Korea, in a shorter period, have produced more saints than heavily Catholic Philippines.
- Hopefully, massive migration of Filipinos abroad will help fill this shortage. I'd place my bet on Filipinos reviving the faith in Europe and getting martyred by jihadists.
- If a Filipino who doesn't leave Philippine shores manages to get beatified, then he must be a super-saint.