Monday, March 05, 2007

Extra-judicial Killing?

Errr... shouldn't it be just called plain murder?

The term has been a buzz around Philippine media these past months, when some activists and journalists getting killed. Groups representing both blame the government for their deaths. Thus, they use the term "extra-judicial killing" to imply that the government has a hand in their deaths. But is the government alone capable of these things? If circumstances present themselvs (hopefully not), perhaps I would be capable too.

Of course anyone's death is a sad and unfortunate thing, especially if it is violent. But all the protests and denunciations give me the impression that these guys think that they are excused from death because of their status. Farmers, accountants, soldiers, children, wet market vendors, butchers, high school students and others die just as much as them but they shouldn't suffer because they're "journalists and activists?" Wow!

I for one think, it's over the top. Lots of people, including me unfortunately, would love many of these journalists and commies to meet their just ends soon, mercifully. Many of them style themselves liberators and advocates of the poor and oppressed. I for one think they're simply highly successful manipulators of the poor and knaves who have been handed a hugely unbalanced share in influencing the hearts and minds of many Filipinos with their tempting tongues. Knowing this full well, they corrupt the power in their hands. Corruption is not the exclusive property of politicians.

I'm sure many ordinary Filipinos have been victimized by journalists and communist activists. I'm sure people felt swelling hatred and impatience against journalists when have been slandered by them in public. I'm sure the lefties have had their fair share of enemies within their organizations or people they ticked-off when they try to impose upon them their Communist agenda.

So when another one these people bites the dust and then their colleagues call for the of "extra-judicial killings", cynicism overwhelms me. I'm sure they're thinking they're next. I certainly hope so. God have mercy on us all.

No comments: