Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My first thoughts

the blog is, for me, among the newest means of advertising one's utmost and dispicable ignorance.

it is my fortune therefore that nobody has really seen my blog, well at least from the moment i revived it the day before yesterday. at least nobody knows how utterly stupid and insane this blogger is.

that being said, i feel more free to express my insignificant thoughts and share my insanity with the rest of the blogosphere.

which brings me to my second point, being an idiot with a keyboard, i should be more in line with keeping down the level of stupidity that gets published in my blog. stupid things like commenting on politics.

politics itself, at least in the philippine setting, isn't as bad as many filipino bloggers, journalists and psuedo-pundits would want their readers/audiences to believe. they can only talk about the bad things because that's the nature of the media. as chesterton once noted, the newspapers can only tell stories of the unusual, the unique, the queer and the largely irrelevant. the newspapers cannot relate what is normal, the things most obvious and most intelligible. for those things, no newspaper can print the excessive complexity peculiar to the most ordinary of things.

anyway, for myself, if the need warrants it, i intend only criticize the opinions of the largely air-headed media elite worshipped in our country. yes, it appears to be a task more degrading than constructing a harsh review of filipino politics, but it's a nice way of telling my reading public that i'm not alone in the world of publishing the absurdly stupid.

No comments: